ATTENTION POOL USERS:
Both pools and shower areas (equipment desk/pool side) will be closed for improvements and renovations starting December 19-TBA. Please call the equipment desk in January for daily updates about reopening. Fitness center showers and locker rooms will remain open during winter break hours. Thank you.
The swimming and diving pool is home to the Carnegie Mellon University varsity swimming and diving teams and serves as a recreational space for the campus community. The pool was constructed in 1996 and is surrounded by floor to ceiling windows allowing in natural light. A balcony was added in 2015 which seats up to 200 people.
There is an 8-lane, 25-yard long pool with a separate diving well that has two one-meter and two three-meter diving boards, along with a cool-down area for swimmers.
Hours of Operation:
Fall and Spring
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 7:00am-8:00am; Tuesday/Thursday: 7:00 am-8:15 am
- Monday through Friday: 11:30am-1:30pm; 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm-3:00pm (Lap Swim both pools); 3:00pm-5:00pm (Lap Swim in Lap Pool/Family Swim in Dive Pool)
Summer (Mid-May - Mid-August)
- Monday - Friday: 7:00am-8:00am; 11:30am-1:30pm; 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm-5:00pm Lap Swim; 3:00pm-5:00pm (Lap Swim in Lap Pool/Family Swim in Dive Pool)
Pool hours are subject to change during breaks, for pool maintenance, and for home swimming events. Please call equipment desk daily for updated pool announcements: 412-268-1236
View a pdf version of the pool rules.
To process a request, please print and send the form to Sara Gauntner in the Aquatics Office located in the University Center.
Learn To Swim
Interested in learning how to swim? Fill out a form and return it to Alicia Gorman in the Aquatics Office located in the Cohon University Center.
For more information, please contact Alicia Gorman at (412) 268-2627 or firstname.lastname@example.org.