The swimming and diving pool is home to the Carnegie Mellon University varsity swimming and diving teams and serves as a recreational space for the campus community. The pool was constructed in 1996 and is surrounded by floor to ceiling windows allowing in natural light. A balcony was added in 2015 which seats up to 200 people.
There is an 8-lane, 25-yard long pool with a separate diving well that has two one-meter and two three-meter diving boards, along with a cool-down area for swimmers.
Hours of Operation:
Fall and Spring
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 7:00am-8:00am; Tuesday/Thursday: 7:00 am-8:15 am
- Monday through Friday: 11:30am-1:30pm; 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm-3:00pm (Lap Swim both pools); 3:00pm-5:00pm (Lap Swim in Lap Pool/Family Swim in Dive Pool)
Summer (May 15-August 27 2017)
- Monday - Friday: 7:00am-8:00am; 11:30am-1:30pm; 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm-5:00pm Lap Swim; 3:00pm-5:00pm (Lap Swim in Lap Pool/Family Swim in Dive Pool)
Pool hours are subject to change during breaks, for pool maintenance, and for home swimming events. Please call equipment desk daily for updated pool announcements: 412-268-1236
View a pdf version of the pool rules.
Learn To Swim
Interested in learning how to swim? Fill out a form and return it to Alicia Gorman in the Aquatics Office located in the Cohon University Center.
For more information, please contact Alicia Gorman at (412) 268-2627 or firstname.lastname@example.org.