The tennis courts are centrally located in the heart of Carnegie Mellon's campus and were renovated in 2005 and last resurfaced in 2015. They consist of six wind protected, hard courts and are available for use by Carnegie Mellon faculty, staff and students.
EVERYONE WISHING TO USE THE TENNIS COURTS MUST CHECK-IN AT THE UNIVERSITY CENTER EQUIPMENT DESK!
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Check in at UC Equipment Desk to get a wristband and/or bring printed reservation sheet to courts.
Courts are open 7 days per week from 7 am to 11 pm daily.
Only persons with current, valid CMU IDs or tennis permits may use these courts.
One guest may accompany an authorized user.
All users are asked to follow posted rules and adhere to the daily schedule.
Courts are for “tennis-related” activities only.
All users must wear tennis shoes (no black soles).
Tennis equipment can be borrowed from the University Center Equipment Desk.
The UC Equipment Desk is open Mon-Fri 6 am to 2 am and Sat-Sun 9 am to 2 pm.
EVERYONE WISHING TO USE THE TENNIS COURTS MUST MAKE THEIR OWN RESERVATION.
1. Make reservations online. Use your Andrew ID and create a different password for the reservation site.
2. Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
3. Each reservation is for one hour only. Only one reservation per day per person.
4. Users must report within 10 minutes of their reserved start time, otherwise the court will become available to any players waiting. Only the remaining portion of the court time can be used.
5. Reserved time cannot extend into the next full reservation hour.
6. Court 1 and 4 are “first come, first serve” court.
Contact Pattye Stragar (412-268-1235 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Beginning May 15 permits may be purchased at the UC Equipment Desk. For more information call 412-268-1235. Permits are good between May 20 - August 9.
Permits are available for non-CMU persons and alumni at $150. Make check payable to Carnegie Mellon University and mail to: Tennis Permits, Carnegie Mellon University, Skibo Gymnasium Room 204, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
Permit holder privileges do not include use of the University Center locker rooms or recreational facilities.
Contact Pattye Stragar (412-268-1235 or email@example.com) to obtain a user ID.