The pool is located in the Jared L. Cohon University Center and welcomes all users with a valid Carnegie Mellon ID. The aquatics facility includes one eight lane- 25 yard deep water pool and a separate diving well pool. The pool offers a variety of programs including: varsity athletic swimming & diving teams, recreational & lap swimming, learn to swim programs, clubs and intramurals, and physical education classes.
Fall and Spring
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 7:00am-8:00am; Tuesday/Thursday: 7:00 am-8:15 am
- Monday through Friday: 11:30am-1:30pm; 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm-3:00pm (Lap Swim both pools); 3:00pm-5:00pm (Lap Swim in Lap Pool/Family Swim in Dive Pool)
- Monday - Friday: 7:00am-8:00am; 11:30am-1:30pm; 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm-5:00pm Lap Swim; 3:00pm-5:00pm (Lap Swim in Lap Pool/Family Swim in Dive Pool)
Pool hours are subject to change during breaks, for pool maintenance, and for home swimming events. Please call equipment desk daily for updated pool announcements: 412-268-1236
View the pool rules.
For questions regarding reservations, please contact Alicia Gorman in the Aquatics Office located in the Cohon University Center.
Learn To Swim
Interested in learning how to swim? Fill out a form and return it to Alicia Gorman in the Aquatics Office located in the Cohon University Center.
For more information, please contact Alicia Gorman at (412) 268-2627 or email@example.com.
The 20th Annual Carnegie Mellon University 1650 Yard Swim Challenge will now take place in the fall of 2016.
Thank you to all who participated in 2015! Results can be found here!
Check out the records board - years 1997-2014