Find what space is available through 25Live. Search locations are Arena Room, Fencing Room, Gesling Stadium, Soccer/Intramural Field, Martial Arts Room and Skibo Main Gym. Facility hours can be found at the bottom of this page.
To request space for student organizations, contact Sara Gauntner.
Jared L. Cohon University Center
- Wiegand Gym (pictured right)
- Badminton and Volleyball take priority on the North Court (closest to Forbes Avenue). A minimum of six players must be present for volleyball and two players for badminton.
- Basketball takes priority on the South Court (closest to the Equipment Desk).
- When university-sponsored events are scheduled in Wiegand Gym, open recreation play is available in the Skibo Main Gym.
- Wiegand Gym is open until 1:00 am during academic year
- Equipment Desk
- To access the recreational facilities, patrons swipe their Carnegie Mellon ID at the Equipment Desk; then they will get a wrist band.
- Wrist bands must be worn at all times while using the fitness facilities.
- Towel service is available for $30.00 for the year.
- Patrons may purchase racquet service for $10.00 a year.
- Equipment must be checked out with an Andrew ID.
- Equipment desk closes at 11:30 pm during Academic Year-there is no eqiupment available for checkout past 11:30 pm.
- Carnegie Mellon Guests
- Guests are permitted only in the Cohon University Center athletic facilities. Patrons must accompany their guests at all times. Guests may not solicit patrons to be signed in.
- Guest passes may be purchased by any Carnegie Mellon student, faculty member, or staff member with a valid Carnegie Mellon ID.
- Guest passes are available at the Cohon University Center Information Desk for $10.00
- An individual may purchase only one guest pass at a time. Guest passes are good for one day only.
- Children under the age of 12 may come as guests for free.
- Racquetball/Squash Courts
- Two dedicated racquetball courts
- Two convertible courts that can be adjusted for racquetball or squash
- The second floor includes two additional dedicated squash courts
- Courts will close at 1:00 am during academic year
- Lap and dive pools
- 25-yard lap pool and a full diving pool with multiple diving boards
- Home to the varsity swimming and diving teams
- Various amenities are available for open play in Skibo Gymnasium. Reservations for Physical Education, Intercollegiate Athletics, Intramural Sports, Group Exercise, Club Sports, and Student Organizations take priority. These reservations are posted weekly throughout the building. Please check hours on athletics homepage
- During open recreation times, use of the Main Gym is limited to badminton, basketball, and volleyball (with the following court priorities):
- Badminton: Court A (closest to the stage)
- Basketball: Main Court
- Volleyball: Court D (furthest from the stage)
- All other activities must obtain written approval from Sara Gauntner
- Any sport that could possibly damage the floor or equipment may not be played (soccer, roller hockey, frisbee, etc.)
- Tennis Courts
- Centrally located on the Carnegie Mellon campus just outside the Cohon University Center.
- Consist of six wind protected, hard courts and are available for use by Carnegie Mellon faculty, staff and students.
- Use the same reservation system as the racquetball and squash courts.
- See policies and procedures and information on court reservations on the tennis facilities page.
EVERYONE WISHING TO USE THE TENNIS COURTS MUST CHECK-IN AT THE COHON UNIVERSITY CENTER EQUIPMENT DESK!
- Gesling Stadium Track
- The stadium is home to the football team in the fall and the track and field team in the spring.
- Intramural and club sport activities also use the stadium and it is open year round for public use.
- Four times around the track equals a mile.
- Parking is available in the garage and has no cost after 5 p.m. on weekdays and Saturday and Sunday are both free of charge.
- See policies and what's available on the Gesling Stadium facilities page.
- IM/Soccer Field
- The soccer training and playing facility is adjacent to Gesling Stadium.
- The hammer/discus circle and shot put area used by the track and field program are along the sidewalk area.
- The lighted field allows for the continuation of evening soccer games and intramural and recreational activities.
|Cohon University Center
Mon-Fri (Equipment Desk Hours)
**Wiegand Gymansiusm closes at 1:00 am
**Fitness Center Closes at 1:00 am
|Anyone with a valid CMU ID
One guest is permitted per user
|Weight Room w/Cardio Machines & weights
Monday through Friday
6:30am to 11:00pm
10:00am to 9:00pm
|Anyone with a valid CMU ID
No guests are permitted
Summer Facility Hours - pdf
Additional fitness centers are available in various residence halls on campus. For more details, click here.
Memberships are available for the fitness center. There are only a limited number being sold. Please contact Sara Gauntner, Associate Director of Athletics, for more information at email@example.com.