(PITTSBURGH, Pa) - The Carnegie Mellon University women's tennis team opened its 2013 dual slate with a 9-0 victory over visiting Grove City. It also marked the Wolverines first dual match of the season.
At No. 1 doubles, junior Bryn Raschke (Del Mar, Calif./Torrey Pines) paired with freshman Vanessa Pavia (Thornwood, N.Y./Academy of our Lady of Good Counsel) and shutout Karolina Lagerquist and Kendra Tetrick, 8-0. Carnegie Mellon won all six single matches by the scores of 6-0, 6-0.
1. Bryn Raschke/Vanessa Pavia (CMUW) def. Karolina Lagerquist/Kendra Tetrick, 8-0
2. Angela Pratt/ Nicholle Torres (CMUW) def. Lauren Troxel/Linnea Peters, 8-1
3. Brooke Tsu/Elizabeth Martin (CMUW) def. Julie Becker/Samantha Roberts, 8-1
1. Pratt (CMUW) def. Lagerquist, 6-0,6-0
2. Pavia (CMUW) def. Tetrick, 6-0, 6-0
3. Martin (CMUW) def. Troxel, 6-0, 6-0
4. Torres (CMUW) def. Peters, 6-0, 6-0
5. Abbey Hamstra (CMUW) def. Leah White, 6-0, 6-0
6. Margaret Anne Smith (CMUW) def. Roberts, 6-0, 6-0
Carnegie Mellon returns to action next weekend Saturday, September 21 when they travel to Fredericksburg, Va. for the ITA Regional Tournament at the University of Mary Washington.