Rising senior Connor Faith, a chemical engineering major from Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, answers a few questions about student life at Carnegie Mellon, what he's looking forward to next semester, why he chose his major, and what he enjoys about Pittsburgh.
1. What do you enjoy about campus life?
I enjoy the independence and freedom of campus life.
2. What do you get involved in outside of football?
I am a supervisor for intramural sports at the school and I also get involved in community service events like 1000 plus and the special olympics.
3. Tell us about your internship experience.
I intern for Rapid Equine Solutions this summer. It is a pharmaceutical chemical compounding company in Aston, PA. We compound pharmaceuticals for large animals, mainly horses, and distribute them to veterinarians and personal trainers across the country.
4. What are your summer plans?
My summer plans are to work, work out, and study my playbook for football.
5. What are you excited for next semester?
I am excited for the job application process and taking the first steps of the rest of my life.
6. Why did you select your course of study – what class have you enjoyed the most?
I picked my major because I have always enjoyed math and science so engineering seemed like a good major for me, and chemistry was my favorite science class so chemical engineering seemed like the best engineering field for me to go into. My favorite class so far has been chemical reactions engineering
7. What class has been recommended as a MUST TAKE class at CMU?
A lot of my teammates have suggested taking the history of the Beatles class. They have all said it is a fun class that's very engaging.
8. What have you enjoyed about living in Pittsburgh?
I have enjoyed how much more affordable it is to see the city of Pittsburgh than other major cities. I'm from Philadelphia and to go see a sporting event or a hole in the wall restaurant is way more expensive there than in Pittsburgh. It's really nice to get out and see what the city has to offer.
9. What has been a memorable moment so far during your time on the team?
My favorite moment was probably our win against Case Western Reserve in the 2016 season. We have been pretty good each of my three seasons here so it's generally been pretty nice year in and year out playing football at CMU.